Welcome to my blog where ALL THINGS CREATIVE are born. I hope you enjoy all the photographs and ideas as much as I have had creating them. I always love comments and hearing what you think. I hope you will leave feeling a bit more creative than when you came. Enjoy!

2.19.2009

Watermark Explanation

I am a member of a photography forum online where recently some photographers pictures were stolen and copied onto a ladies website advertising them as her own. It's hard to believe someone would do that and make money from the hard work and talents of others. As a result almost all pictures on that forum are to be watermarked. Most are professional photographers and have theirs watermarked anyways, but not all are professional (such as myself) and are marking their pictures as well. Some of those pictures carry over here so now all pictures get marked.
The scrapbook page pictures are marked as well, but please feel free to scraplift. I probably got some of the ideas from someone else anyways. I am more just concerned about my actual pictures ending up on some strangers website without others knowing where they really came from. Hopefully this helps.
Facebook just came out with and had to retract a policy which stated that all pictures and content on their site was their property. Myspace has similar policies. I know these have to do with advertising and covering themselves, but just another reason to watermark.
If anyone knows how to disable the right click feature on pictures please let me know!!!

2 comments:

The Simon Family said...

So unfortunate that some people would do that.

I did some research and found this website:

http://www.bloggertipsandtricks.com/2007/08/disable-right-click-to-prvent-copying.html

To disable right click:
-Sign into Blogger and get into the Dashboard
-Click LAYOUT
-TEMPLATE
-EDIT HTML

I tried to type in the instructions step-by-step, but this comment form would not allow me to type in certain html tags. Go to the web page that I referred up top and scroll to the bottom before all the comments. It's self explanatory. If it doesn't help. I can e-mail you.

I hope this helps Monae!

The Starbuck Family said...

Thanks so much, I'm going to go try it!