Welcome to my blog where ALL THINGS CREATIVE are born. I hope you enjoy all the photographs and ideas as much as I have had creating them. I always love comments and hearing what you think. I hope you will leave feeling a bit more creative than when you came. Enjoy!

2.02.2009

A Creative Outlet

My parents named me Monae and intentionally spelled it M-0-n-a-e, not M-o-n-e-t, thinking I would never learn to spell my name right and others would misspell it as well. As life has passed, I don't think they imagined that I would have grown to have a love for art, thus ironically living up to the Monet name.
Claude Monet was an impressionist painter in the 19th century. An impressionist painter was one who had open composition, emphasis on light in its changing qualities (often accentuating the effects of the passage of time), ordinary subject matter, the inclusion of movement as a crucial element of human perception and experience, and unusual visual angles.
The word "Photography" literally means Photo (from the Greek word Phos) -LIGHT, and Graphics (from the Greek Graphicos)- TO PAINT, thus meaning "To paint with Light"
The blending of a great artist and photography makes my site represent what I love. To use ordinary subject matter, showing movement (usually my kids who are always on the move), showing the passage of time as I see it, and hopefully capturing my world in unusual visual angles- all as I am "painting with light".
"The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself." -Alan Alda
This blog is a place where I can share those discoveries. Some will be photographs, others will be scrapbook layouts, and some just things around me I felt were in need of a little creativity. Enjoy!

4 comments:

The Simon Family said...

Wonderful! I look forward to learning much from you via this blog. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I am excited to check in!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see posts here. :)

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Monet, and I've come to love Monae! :)